In the Middle
East, MacGyver steals a map
showing terrorists plans of attack. With the maps owners hot on his tail he evades his
pursuers through the small town, eventually being chased out into the desert to a waiting
hot air balloon, where he makes his escape after fixing a bullet hole in the
MacGyver is sent to San Sebastian in Central
America to rescue Kate Connelly, a
photo journalist who has missed her deadline. But both she and MacGyver are captured
taking pictures of an international arms dealer trading with the local Military leader.
Their prompt escape sends the town, and country, into military lock down to prevent the
pair from escaping with the incriminating photographs leaving Kate and MacGyver on the run
from their military pursuers as they try to find a way to get their evidence, and
themselves, out of the country.
- Used the blade to open the window latch
- Used the blade to push the key through the
- Cut hot air balloon tether
- Cut candle down to required size.
Gambit: Wenger handyman
- Taped the map to seal the leak in the hot air
- Taped fireworks and candle to bell
- Taped mirror to seat on the bus
- Taped down the gas pedal in jeep
- Hot air ballooning
- Survival skills (catching food)
- MacGyver specifically states for the first time that he
prefers not to use guns.
- MacGyver states that he grew up in Minnesota and was a Cub
- The country isn't named in the episode, but Guatemala is
the only South American country which boarders Mexico via a river as shown in the episode.
- The name of Montoyas newspaper (El Tiempo) is spanish for
- It just goes to show you, a good map will always get you
where you want to go. - MacGyver
- So, your name's MacGyver and you're harmless. -Kate
- I thought your camera was brocken? - MacGyver
I fixed it. MacGyver style. - Kate Connelly
- Please tell me how things could be worse. -Kate
Ah, you're right. You convinced me. We're in a lot of trouble. - MacGyver
- So, how are you gonna start a fire? Make lightning, or rub
two sticks together? -Kate Connelly
Well, thought I'd use a match. MacGyver
Aw, shucks, MacGyver, I was looking forward to seeing some more of your Boy Scout stuff. -Kate
- MacGyver, you don't eat things like that. You call pest
control. -Kate Connelly
- Never drop crumbs on the trail. Cos you never know what
kind of critter might be behind you picking up the pieces. - MacGyver's old scout
- I'll never forget the motto she taught us.. Be prepared. - MacGyver
- It's been said the best company you can have in a strange
country is a map - MacGyver
- Great thing about a map, it can get you in and out of
places a lot of different ways. - MacGyver
- This is the first time I ever deliberately tried to over
heat an engine. - MacGyver
- Welcome to Mexico. You have anything to declare? - Boarder
Wise guy. - MacGyver
- Every time something else goes wrong you say it is good!
- As MacGyver climbs out to repair the balloon hole you can
see a rope running from the basket off to the right of the screen, pulled very tightly..
obviously to hold the balloon in place for the shot.
- As MacGyver runs up the sand dune there is part of either a
vehicle or rigging visible at the right edge of the shot.
- Macs watch changes from black to silver when he's waiting
for the fireworks in the bell to go off.
- Mac sets off the explosion by inserting the plug of a
camera flash and activating the timer. This, however, is impossible. Plastique is a very
powerful but very stable plastic explosive. A detonator is needed to set it off. A simple
electric spark or current from a battery operated camera would never initiate the
- At the end Kate takes a picture with a camera which has
just been swum across the river. Most cameras don't work very well when they have been
submerged under water. Hers was already broken so would have filled up with water as they
crossed the river.
- When Kate knocks out the solder with her camera, his hat
comes off. But then when we see the next shot his hat is back on.
- Used SAK to push the key out of lock on the other side of
- Used map slid under door to catch above key as it fell out
- Used map as pea shooter
- Wraped map around iron bar as weapon.
- Slid down sand dune on map
- Used map & duct tape to patch hole in hot air balloon
- Wrapped camera strap with plastic clips around electric
fence wire to prevent electrocution
- Used camera timer to set off plastique explosive
- Made car drive itself with a belt
- Set up Firecrackers, candle and duct tape on church bell as
a noisy distraction
- Hooked cable wire on bad-guys jeep axle to stop jeep.
- Used rear vision mirror of bus taped to the drivers seat
and Kate's compact mirror to make periscope.
- Overheated old jeep engine with oil on it to create smoke