While trying to find a lake he and his father
once fished at as a child, MacGyver stumbles into a hostage situation at a small private
air strip where a gang of criminals have stolen an armored truck full of money and are
waiting at the airport for a charted flight so they can escape with the money.
MacGyver is drawn into the mix when he tries to save the guard in the back of the truck
from being blown up but ends up locked in a freezer racing against time to not only free
himself from a chilly death, but also to stop the criminals from escaping with the money.
|Richard Dean Anderson........
Jackie Earle Haley................
(as Anthony Penya)
Lewis Van Bergen...............
Walt, the Pilot
- Used SAK to scrape rust from tin can
- Used tape to hold fertilizer bombs together
- Attached a bomb to a remote controlled airplane
- The MacGyverism of using the bike to make the thermite
torch was sent into the show by an 11 year old girl.
- This was the first episode to be filmed without an opening
- The plane in this episode is the same plane Richard Dean
Anderson is leaning on in the openeing credits as his name appears on screen.
- The planes tail number is N3807S
- The call sign used by the pilot of the plane when he called
in to report an electrical fault was Baron Zero Seven Sierra.
- MacGyver can't fly helicopters.
- I can't stand in judgement of you Dave. I'm not perfect...
yet - MacGyver
- What's that? - Turk
Lateral Cranial Impact Enhancer *whack* - MacGyver
- I wont even ask why they're going to run outside - Kelly
Faith my dear - MacGyver
- I'll cut through that door like a hot knife through butter.
- Let's not fight over me boys - MacGyver
- This is one of those times when you go one way or the other
and the rest of your life depends on which
way you went - Elias
- I can't fly that chopper - Dave
You won't fly it. And that's different - Kelly
- They killed a man. I give a damn about that - MacGyver
- MacGyver extinguishes the thermite torch (used to open the armored car) by pushing the
end into the dirt. This wouldnt work as thermite reactions use the oxygen from the
metal oxide, not the air.
- When Macs making the fertilizer bombs we see him take the engine start off the shelf
twice (same shot). but in between these shots its clearly seen on the bench beside him.
- When Mac gets the R/C plan down in the diner his shirt is dark green with Chinese type
collar. When he runs outside with the plane his shirt has suddenly changed to a light gray
shirt with normal collar.
- The coffee mug with HELP written in it changes colors from white and light yellow
between camera angles
- Used bike bars, rust and a flare to make a thermite torch
to burn through armoured door
- Used Cotton wool, engine starter fluid and garden
fertilizer to make a bomb
- Melted ice cubes with the heat from a light bulb and let
the water run down a metal and cardboard tube to break door lock open as the water
- Created a diversion with model airplane
- Used end of meat hook as a screwdriver