While visiting old friends to deliver some
geological charts for their oil drilling operation, MacGyver unwittingly finds himself
becoming a Hellfire fighter as his friends oil well explodes into an out of
control well fire.
Before they can put the fire out however, MacGyver and friend Bill, must first find and
then transport very unstable dynamite from an old mine site some miles away from their
location and over very rough terrain.
Even once they achieve that, they still dont have the equipment needed to get the
dynamite into the middle of the fire, so MacGyver must come up with a plan that will allow
them to drop the dynamite into the middle of the well fire so it will blow itself
out without blowing themselves up in the process.
|Richard Dean Anderson...........
- Opens lid on dynamite box
- Used SAK blade to scoop up a blob of Nitro to
- (none used)
- This episode is based on the 1952 classic film noire movie
"The Wages of Fear" (Le
Salaire de la peur) which is said to be "one of the most suspenseful films ever
- Although it's not mentioned in the episode, the TV guide
states this episode as taking place in Wyoming.
- MacGyver and Bill have known each other since they were
- MacGyver can juggle
- MacGyver! I don't hardly recognize you anymore! - Bill
That's cos I'm not me any more. - MacGyver
- Man of many many, many many, many many talents. - MacGyver
- This road would definitely be an E ride at Disneyland. - MacGyver
- Oh right. you always did have good moves. - MacGyver
- Hey you wanna live forever? - Bill
Think'in about. - MacGyver
- Pure Nitro. Stuff will go off if you sneeze. - Bill
Let's try not to sneeze. - MacGyver
- You scared? - Bill
You bet. - MacGyver
Me too. ain't it great? - Bill
- You are crazy! I mean certifiable! - Bill
Yeah? what does that make you? - MacGyver
- You can forget about that new truck. I'll take a dozen of
those ball-point pens - Bill
- It's ok. - Bill
I'm sure we'll know when it's not. - MacGyver
Oh boy! You're a real comfort! - Bill
- Well, I guess I'm gonna have to entertain a couple of
theories a few of my buddies came up with a while ago. Archimedes and Eutocius. You
may have heard of them. - MacGyver
- You'll fry your tail in there without Bill. Damn it, he's
the best. And so are you. - Laura
- When Mac is fixing the spring on truck engine. His hands
are quite dirty in the wide angle shots, but nice and clean in the close-up shots.
- As Mac and Bill walk into the dynamite shack.. you can see
a gloved hand move from beside the crates of explosives.
- If Bill was so badly burned, why doesn't he have any
- Used gum foil to "by-pass" blown fuse
- Used old springs,boards and sand on back of truck to safely
transport unstable dynamite
- Fixed truck with pen spring
- Used old jeep,old fridge and pipes to make device for
delivering nitro into well